Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Our Weekend at Allen's Cabin












Well I'm finally getting around to posting about our weekend. We went up to this remote area where my friend Allen's grandparents own a cabin. We were about 30 miles East of Park City in literally the middle of nowhere. But It was very pretty and worth the drive. Every year we plan a Teknik campout. So this year we did it at the cabin. Unfortunatly not everyone on the team was able to make it but those who did had a great time. There were 12 of us who went as well as Allens grandparents who were kind enough to take us all in. I'd like to thank them for putting up with us tell 3:30 in the morning and taking care of us. Also thanks to Allen for setting up everything for the weekend. It was a blast.

We got up there around 7:00 on friday and fired up the grill to cook our streaks and other bbq items. Everyone was finally there by 10:00 so we started a fire and just chilled. I think thats what made the weekend so fun for me. Just spending time with close friends out in the mountains with no cell phone service or internet or any other distractions. Just relaxing and spending time with ones we love. We had a good time just talking and and cooking smores and keeping warm. It was so cold up there at night. The only source of heat in the house was the fire place so needless to say where our beds were was freezing cold. Luckly we brought plenty of blankets and even had an electronic blanket to help keep us warm.












After it started getting really cold we went back inside and had some snacks and played some pretty intense games of uno and catchphrase. And then just sat around and talked. Its been so long since i've got to just sit around and talk with my friends. Then it was off to bed. We went to bed at around 3:30 in the morning and wanted to get up at around 8 but that didn't happen. We got up around 11 lol.




















I've got to point out how big of a clutz I am. I didn't only trip or fall once but 3 times all within 2 hours of each other. Pretty nice to know I can make everyone laugh by tripping on the top step on the stairs, or tripping over a lot at the camp fire, and even falling back randomly in one of the living room chairs. Good thing i'm use to these kind of things i'd be pretty embaressed.






















On saturday we went for a walk in the beautiful surroundings and watched Jon and Allen fish some. More then anything we had more relaxing to do. I also listend to the last quarter of the BYU football game and was yelling at all the stupid calls being called. I'm sure people could hear me at the nearby cabins. We finall left around 5:30 to head home. I wish we could have stayed another night but that weekend just wouldn't have worked for that to happen. On the way home we passed this diner which is randomly in the middle of nowhere. It was way packed. I'd really like to go back and try it sometime. see if its worth it considering how many people were there.

We also stopped in Park City on our way home to check out the Factory stores. While we were there swung but Park City's main street since I had never been there before. Too bad it was late in the day so alot of the shops were already closed but I just love that type of area. Just a small little town with little random shops everywhere. Overall the weekend was very fun. I look forward to being able to do something like that again. I guess i'll look forward to next years Teknik campout. I just hope its earlier in the summer next year lol.

1 comment:

Jeff & Amanda said...

that diner you are talking about, is way good. Amanda and I stopped by it and ate. Way good old fashion food.

You need to check it out next time